Sharing your details with recognised independent alumni Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches
- The University’s Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) works with alumni volunteers who run formally recognised alumni networks worldwide. These networks support the University fostering a global community for the benefit of our graduates.
- A list of recognised groups and contacts is here: https://your.manchester.ac.uk/get-involved/global-networks/.
- The DDAR may promote activity run by these networks using data held on the University’s alumni database and in line with its Privacy Notice: https://your.manchester.ac.uk/privacy/
- To enable local alumni Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches to promote activity and network opportunities, we may offer alumni the opportunity to share their contact details directly with alumni volunteers the DDAR recognises as local Contacts or leads of alumni Groups or Alumni Association branches.
- This allows local Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches to communicate with alumni who wish to get involved directly. It also enables messages to be communicated locally, more informally and, if necessary, at short notice.
- These Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches are independent from the University, and data shared with them is not governed by the University’s Privacy Policies. You should contact the appropriate Contact, Group or Alumni Association branch if you wish to change how they contact you or manage the data you provide to them.
- The University is unable to take responsibility for communications between alumni and local Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches. However, all Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches are expected to conduct interactions with alumni in a way which is in the best interests of those alumni, within their reasonable expectations, and is aligned to the University of Manchester’s ethos, aims and objectives.
- If alumni find that any communications by local Contacts, Groups and Alumni Association branches are not of this nature, please report these to email@example.com.
How we use your information
The University of Manchester Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) processes personal information in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice is available here; and further information about data protection at the University is available here. Please tell us how you want to hear from DDAR by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 306 3066; if you are a graduate you can also manage your personal information online at https://network.manchester.ac.uk/.