Building the classroom of the future
A behind-the-scenes look at MECD, Manchester’s new science and engineering campus
On Tuesday, 15 June 2021, from 6pm-7pm (BST), you will hear directly from the leading figures behind MECD and the students who are thriving at Manchester now. Joining Professor Martin Schröder, Vice-President and Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering, will be:
- Professor Peter Green (MSc Microprocessor Engineering & Digital Electronics 1989) Vice-Dean for Teaching, Learning and Students, Faculty of Science and Engineering;
- Rachel Brealey (BSc Clothing Engineering and Management 1993 and President of UMIST Students Union, 1993-1994), Director of Faculty Operations for Science and Engineering;
- Luciana Sinpetru, Aerospace Engineering PhD student and Research Impact Scholar.
Topics for discussion will include:
- the innovations to STEM education that MECD will bring;
- our commitment to creating an interdisciplinary space for research and discovery;
- how the accessibility of MECD will benefit the city and people of Manchester;
- the ways that the University is ensuring that STEM opportunities are truly available to all, and how our donors and friends can help us in achieving this goal.
How we use your information
The University of Manchester Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) processes personal information in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice is available here; and further information about data protection at the University is available here. Please tell us how you want to hear from DDAR by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 306 3066; if you are a graduate you can also manage your personal information online at https://network.manchester.ac.uk/.