Manchester Day of Action
Manchester Day of Action is a global effort led by dedicated Manchester alumni volunteers supporting community, charity and sustainability projects in their local regions.
The University of Manchester is the only UK University to have Social Responsibility as a core goal and we’ve been ranked 1st in Europe and 3rd in the world for our contribution to United Nations’ Sustainability Development Goals.
All Manchester Day of Action projects are closely aligned to the Sustainability Development Goals as we want the global alumni network to join the University’s commitment in having a positive impact on the world.
How to join in
Wherever in the world you are based, we welcome you to join hands with fellow Manchester alumni and organise a day of action.
Here are some project ideas to help you get thinking
- Clean up a beach, park or river
- Organise a community blood drive
- Bake sale for a charity
- Plant trees / create a garden space
- Arrange a visit to a care home, read books to a person who is visually impaired, deliver toys to children in hospital
- Help deliver warm meals, blankets and care kits to a homeless shelter
- Teach computer skills to people who don’t have them
- Help at a soup kitchen or local animal shelter
- Organise a hike or nature walk with friends and fill bags with rubbish collected along the way
Once you have a project in mind all you have to do is tell us the date, time and location of your project and we’ll help you advertise it to alumni in your area.
We’ll also provide you and others who’ve signed up purple Manchester Day of Action t-shirts, stickers and banners to show your participation and fly the flag for your University.
For any questions or to discuss ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See below the scale of this worldwide effort and explore past projects which took place during summer 2019.
How we use your information
The University of Manchester Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) processes personal information in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice is available here; and further information about data protection at the University is available here. Please tell us how you want to hear from DDAR by contacting us on email@example.com or +44 (0)161 306 3066; if you are a graduate you can also manage your personal information online at https://network.manchester.ac.uk/.