Vote in the election of the Chancellor
The election of the next Chancellor of The University of Manchester will take place in 2022.
The election will be held online.
Who can vote
You must have shared your email address with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) by Monday, 31 January 2021.
You must also be one of the following:
- degree alumni: alumni who hold a full degree following doctorate, master’s and/or undergraduate degree level study;
- certificate/diploma alumni: alumni who have completed a course that doesn’t result in a full degree level award, but does result in an award. This includes: postgraduate and undergraduate certificates and diplomas;
- honorary graduate.
Staff and members of the General Assembly are also eligible to vote. They will receive separate instructions.
Check if you have shared an email address with us
You have already shared an email address with us if:
- you receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the emails include the text “You are receiving this email because you are a graduate and/or supporter of The University of Manchester.”
You will not be able to vote if:
- you have unsubscribed from our emails since you last received an email from email@example.com;
- you have told us that you do not want to hear from the University or DDAR.
Share your email address with us
Share your email address with us by using our change your personal details form.
- Monday, 31 January 2022: deadline to share a valid email address with us
- Monday, 14 February 2022: election called and nominations open
- Monday, 28 March 2022: nominations close
- Monday, 9 May 2022: voting opens
- Monday, 23 May 2022: voting closes
- Tuesday, 24 May 2022: results declared
How we use your information
The University of Manchester Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DDAR) processes personal information in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice is available here; and further information about data protection at the University is available here. Please tell us how you want to hear from DDAR by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 306 3066; if you are a graduate you can also manage your personal information online at https://network.manchester.ac.uk/.