The Global Impact Awards
The Global Impact Awards offer £250 to help current students bring practical or social benefits to the wider community by volunteering in the UK or overseas.
We are now accepting applications for projects to be undertaken over the summer vacation in 2019.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a current undergraduate or postgraduate student at The University of Manchester
- Have identified and approached other sources of funding
- Be enthusiastic and committed to volunteering.
The activity planned must:
- Have a sustainable benefit to the community in a social or practical manner
- Enhance their broader development
- Benefit a marginalised or vulnerable group
- Take place at the end of this academic year and the beginning of the next.
Applications will not be considered if:
- The applicant is in their final year of study
- The applicant is travelling for leisure, a sports event or to an academic conference
- A risk assessment form is not completed
- The applicant is a previous recipient of an award.
Download an application form
- Download an application form (pdf)
- Download a risk assessment form (pdf) (overseas volunteering)
- Download a risk assessment form (pdf) (UK-based volunteering)
Both forms must be completed for your application to be considered.
Applications close on Monday, 5 March 2019. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
For further advice on volunteering and other bursaries and opportunities available, please visit volunteers.manchester.ac.uk.